Hey everyone, so I am in the middle of gathering research for my dissertation (eek I’m going into my third year at uni), and I need your help :). Basically, to cut a really really long story short, my dissertation will aim to explore the extent to which, the recent trend towards the inclusion of Vintage clothing (vintage concessions) into major high street stores (with a particular focus on TopShop), may forge a pathway towards a more ethical form of consumerism and industry as a whole.
I need your help in just taking a few minutes to answer a few questions for me 🙂 All I ask is that you try and stay neutral and honest, as well as answering in as much detail as you can (there is absolutely no wrong answer whatsoever!!) Just be honest :). I have outlined a few questions bellow and if you could answer them in the comments I would be eternally grateful 🙂
- What does ethical fashion mean to you? (in general, not just vintage clothing)
- What are your views towards the ethics of the fashion industry at present? And what does a more ethical industry look like to you?
- Is it something you think about when buying clothes?
- What do you understand by vintage fashion? And how do you think it relates to ethical fashion?
- Do you shop for vintage clothing?
- If yes, then where do you shop?
- Do you think the inclusion of vintage lines into Topshop, would convince/persuade you to start shopping for second-hand/recycled clothes? In other words has the recent upsurge in vintage clothing by Topshop, made second-hand clothing more widely acceptable/ made you more open to buying second-hand clothing.
- What are your reasons and motivations for where you buy your clothes in general?
- If you shop for vintage clothing, is this for ethical reasons or following fashion trends, or both? (please be completely honest here).
- Do you mainly shop in independent vintage stores or from the major high street stores such as TopShop or Urban Outfitters? or both?
- If both, which do you prefer? and why?
- What is your view towards the recent trend of including vintage lines into TopShop?
- Do you think it has the potential to remove the stigma around second-hand clothing. Has it altered your opinion towards second-hand fashion?
Please number and answer the questions in the comments below; I would be super grateful, you don’t need to have a blog or to be following me to answer :). Thank you so much for your time ❤